Mortality rates and expenditure
Received: 15 April 2020
In accordance with The Freedom of Information Act 2000, section 1(1)(a), I would kindly request for the following data and or any information recorded in any legible form or otherwise.
Where with a public authority as with all authorities, are various departments that exist to handle specific requests or locate those information, where in this instance the request may involve a wider search and further interactions for the required information (data); in most cases this may include, Adult social care, Mental Health, Housing, Finance, Deputyship department etc., the rest will depend on the data type being requested.
This request is being made strictly in relation to mortality rates in that the number of deaths within the Borough of Barnet within the defined periods below, namely between;
a. 1st November 2017 to 31st March 2018,
b. 1st November 2018 to 31st March 2019, and,
c. 1st November 2019 to 31st March 2020
The following information is required pursuant section 8.(1)
1. Full names of deceased
2. Date of death
3. Cause of death
4. Place of death and centre for registration of death
5. Any underlying health conditions or any regular medicinal use
6. Whether they were buried or cremated
7. Marital status
8. Nationality and Place of birth
10. National Insurance Number
11. Any recorded next of kin(s)
12. Known address and any previously recorded
13. Length of time as a resident of the borough
14. Living conditions, e.g. living at home, Care-home, relatives e.t.c.
15. Were they in receipt of any government (state) assistance e.g. benefits, social care
16. Duration of time in receipt of state assistance
17. Any estates or lands registered in their name
18. How many JOHN and JANE D.O.E (unidentified) in the given period
19. Were they a party to any pending or concluded civil or criminal action(s)
20. Have any of them ever been flagged as a person concern by any authority, agencies or persons including doctors and any professional occupation
21. Total number of deaths in each specified period
In addition to the above requested information could please provide me with a,
22. List of all authorities, government or otherwise that have unrestricted or are privy to the (information) data held by the borough e.g. secretary of state, nhs, police, courts
23. List of all third parties have access or an interest to data held by the borough e.g. funeral directors, any other firms, companies or individuals by names or numbers however known
24. What happens to the deceased with no next of kin(s)
25. Provide a comprehensive summary of the procedures involved in dealing with the deceased of no known next of kin(s)
26. What are the yearly estimated budget for providing services to the elderly, including care-workers, medicines and food against the actual figures of monies spent, f for the tax years 2017-18, 2018-2019, and 2019-20. I am mindful that it could prove difficult to obtain complete figures for this year due to the current crisis and other reasons, nonetheless, any data provided would suffice for the time being.
27. The total expenditure incurred by the borough on all the various benefits including, JSA, Universal credit, Housing, Social Care, Child care benefits e.t.c for the tax years 2017-18, 2018-2019, and 2019-20. Any data for 2019-20, current up-to-date records are acceptable.
In addition, I require further operational information in relation to the 'COVID-19 priorities', 1. the number of staff and their general duties, additionally, 2. further clarity is sought on 'urgent operational responses', what exactly does that actually involve?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some not held) - application/pdf - Download