Questions Regarding Grant Application and Distribution Process
Received: 15 April 2020
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information:
Regarding the £10,000 COVID-19 Small Business Grant Fund for businesses with rate relief or rural rate relief:
1. What is the council's process for communicating with eligible businesses and handling applications?
(e.g automatic payments, businesses notified via letter and asked to apply via link, email notification and link etc.)
2. When were businesses first notified by the council that they may be eligible to apply?
3. What is the payment turnaround time from receipt of application?
4. Is there a staggered process for making payments, and what is the process? (e.g do you deal with first 1000 applications in a block and pay them by a certain date, before moving onto the next 1000 applications etc.)
5. How many businesses within your council jurisdiction are eligible for the grant?
6. How many applications have been received as of April 17 2020?
7. How many applications have been rejected as of April 17 2020?
8. How many businesses have been paid as of April 17 2020?
Please provide the information in the form of an email, with relevant attachments.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request, my details are outlined below.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download