The authority's role in enforcing coronavirus 'lockdown' restrictions in the 5 weeks since 23 March 2020
Received: 28 April 2020
I would like to know about your authority's role in enforcing coronavirus 'lockdown' restrictions in the 5 weeks since 23 March 2020.
I would like to know -
1. Please state whether your local authority has closed any public spaces or rights of way in response to the lockdown (for example, beach or beauty spots, carparks near beach or beauty spots, footpaths, public parks). Please state the public space that was closed and the reasons for closure.
2. Whether your authority has issued fines for Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs) since 23 March, to enforce the lockdown (for example, enforcing PSPOs against standing in groups, or using PSPO dispersal powers). Please give the number of PSPO fines issued and the offences for which they were issued; and the number of any dispersal orders issued.
3. Whether any CPNs have been issued since 23 March (for example, requiring someone to stay in their property). Please give the number and nature of CPNs issued, if possible including the CPN text.
4. Whether local authority officers are patrolling to enforce lockdown measures contained in the 'Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations 2020' or the 'Coronavirus Act'. Please give the number and nature of local authority officers patrolling (for example, street wardens); and details of any fines/interventions.
5. Please state if the local authority has empowered any private security companies to enforce during the lockdown, for example to fine people for PSPO violations. Please state the company involved and whether any fines have been issued by this company.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (information exempt) - application/pdf - Download