Council's CCTV system
Received: 21 May 2020
I hope to obtain information about the amount your authority has spent on its CCTV system in the past five years, as well as the number of mobile and fixed surveillance cameras controlled by your authority.
To make my inquiry more clear, I am requesting four types of statistics which may be held by your authority:
1) The amount spent by your authority on the installation of public-facing CCTV cameras and the purchase or lease of recording equipment and premises, in the financial years:
a) April 1st 2015 ' March 31st 2016
b) April 1st 2016 ' March 31st 2017
c) April 1st 2017 ' March 31st 2018
d) April 1st 2018 ' March 31st 2019
e) April 1st 2019 ' March 31st 2020
I would like this information broken down into fixed and mobile camera devices. I have included a model table for clarity, please see Sample Table 1 in the attached document.
2) The annual cost of your authority's public-facing CCTV operation and maintenance in the aforementioned financial years. Similarly, I would like this information broken down into fixed and mobile camera devices. -- See Sample Table 2
3) The annual wage and salary cost of CCTV operators including pension liabilities to your authority. -- See Sample Table 3
4) The total number of cameras controlled by your authority as of 31st March 2020 (Note: if the data for 2020 is not available, please provide the figure as of 1st March 2019). -- See Sample Table 4
All the sample tables for the above questions can be found in the attached word document.
Although I understand that I am entitled to a response within 20 working days under the Freedom of Information Act, I would genuinely appreciate it if you could confirm this request as soon as possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further information. Thank you in advance.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (information exempt) - application/pdf - Download