Freedom of Information Request

Licences to keep a wild animal

Received: 3 June 2020

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act to request the following information. Official Government advice states that anyone wishing to home a dangerous animal (ie. one classified as such under The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 (Modification) (No.2) Order 2007) must apply to their council for a licence.

1. How many requests for DWA licences has the local authority received every year going back to 2010?

2. How many has it granted?

3. What animals were the successful licences granted for?

In the event that it is not possible to provide the information requested due cost limits per s12 of the Act, please advise how I can further refine my request to ensure it fits within the scope of the Act, per your s16 obligations. I look forward to receiving your response within 20 working days.

Outcome / Documents

  • Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download

Rate this page?