Chief Officers and Senior Managers
Received: 22 June 2020
Dear Freedom of Information Officer,
Freedom of Information Request
I am writing to make a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please could you provide UNISON with the following information:
1. What type is your authority?
a) Combined Authority
d) London Borough
2. Please supply a breakdown showing the:
a. Total number of directly employed chief officers and senior managers for each job title and directorate doing the following roles:
i. A Chief Officer designated by the council as an administrative and executive head of either a separate department or of a particular function or service.
ii. Designated by the council as a recognised deputy to any chief officer including an officer of deputy status but whose post may carry a different title.
iii. Chief Officers within scope of the Joint National Council (JNC) agreement.
iv. Senior Managers on National Joint Council or locally determined terms and conditions. Essentially, anyone in a senior management role who is not on chief officers JNC terms and conditions.
v. Statutory Directors
b. Locally determined median/average/actual salary (Excluding any additional payments, e.g. market supplements, performance related pay, long-service increments), the grade or range for each job title or supply a copy of your Council's policy/pay structure in respect of the pay of its chief officers and senior managers.
c. The spinal column points for chief officers and senior managers employed on National Joint Council (NJC) pay.
3. What pay, terms and conditions do you employ all chief officers and senior managers on? E.g. total number employed on JNC for local authority chief officers (Blue book), NJC (Green Book), Local terms, other (please specify) or a combination of agreements (please give details).
4. Has your council moved directly employed chief officers and senior managers from one set of pay, terms and conditions to another in the last five years?
5. Have the roles of directly employed chief officer and senior managers been the subject of a pay and grading review within your council in the last 12 months?
6. What job evaluation scheme is used for Chief Officers and Senior Managers? (Please give details).
7. Supply a breakdown showing the current number of directly employed chief officers and senior managers by race, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and full-time and part-time employees.
While Its understood that under the legislation, responses should be received within 20 working days, I recognise that it may take you longer to respond due to the challenges of COVID-19 faced by your council at this time.