Received: 10 July 2020
I am writing with regard to information about your street naming and numbering policy, please treat this as an EIR request or inso far as you think it is not please treat it as an FOI.
1. House Numbering - Do you control/regulate the numbering and naming of all houses in the district or only on certain streets ,or is this policy the responsibility of another authority in your district?
2. Street Naming - Which of the following legislation, or otherwise, do you use to control street naming;
The Towns Improvement Clauses Act 1847 clause 64
The Public Health Acts Amendment Act 1907 clause 21
The Public Health Act 1925 clauses 17-19
3. Sign Boards on New Streets - With regards to the cost of putting up street sign boards on new streets, Does the Council pay for the erection of sign boards or does the Council require developers pay for the name boards.
4. Changing Street Names - With regards to changing the existing name of a street:
If you use The PublicHealth Act 1925 c15 do you put any restriction on the number of people in the street who must approve the name change?
if you use the Public Health Amendments Act 1907 c21 what majority of residents is required to change a name, is a majority of residents also required if the Council plans to change a street name
5. Council Resolution - Do you have a copy of a resolution of the Council by which it has applied or withdrawn the provision of the Public Health act 1925 c17 -19 (per Local Government Act 1972)
Thank you for your help with this request.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download