Home - School Transport
Received: 31 July 2020
1. For the academic year just ended, how many pupils received free home to school transport? This refers to children without EHCP's/SEND.
2. What was the total cost to the local authority of this provision? If possible please break this down by contracts for commercial buses/coaches, and passes for children to travel on public services.
3. How many children received concessionary/spare/vacant seat places, and if possible how much money was received for these?
4. What is the current estimate for how many pupils will receive free home to school transport for the coming academic year and the current estimate of the cost to the authority?
5. Has the authority allowed applications for concessionary/spare/vacant seat places, revised numbers or told parents that there may not be capacity this year because of coronavirus?
6. Is the authority doing anything else to reduce demand for school buses, such as offering to reimburse parents for mileage expenses if they drive their children to school, or recruiting minicabs etc? If so please provide details.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some not held) - application/pdf - Download