HMO data template
Received: 15 September 2020
I am collecting housing data on HMOs across the London boroughs.
The data will help to inform concurrent research on the balance of supply and demand for 5-bedroom to 9-bedroom HMOs across the capital during and after the effects of COVID. Now that we face record number of job losses and close in on the lifting of the eviction ban, I would like to analyse any shifts in the HMO market (namely inner-city living vs outskirts supply and demand) and determine how the shift (if any) affects private landlords vs companies and agents. I would also like to see how any changes to HMO living affect local and distant managing companies and landlords (i.e. whether they consolidate/expand their portfolios for geographical/financial factors). Ultimately, I would like to perform this study at least twice to gain quality research material ' once this year; then again next year (a separate request will be made when appropriate).
The research itself will not be published to an open forum.
I have attached a template which outlines the data I need. The headings are:
* HMO Property Address ' This should be the registered HMO address.
* Registered Owner Name ' This should detail the name of the HMO's owner/manager/agency.
* Registered Owner's Address - This should detail the address of the HMO's owner/manager/agency.
* Maximum Authorised Bedrooms (5 to 9) ' This should note the number of authorised bedrooms allowed in the HMO property. For the purpose of this study, any property with a maximum authorised bedroom limit of 4 or lower should be excluded. Similarly, any property with a maximum bedroom limit of 10 or higher should be excluded.
* Licence Expiry Date ' This should detail the date the HMO licence is due to expire.
I would be grateful if you would supply a list of addresses for current HMO licensed properties in your borough(s) including the name(s) and correspondence address(es) for the owners as per the above request.
I am making this request for full details as required by Section 232 (1) (a) of the Act as prescribed by the Licensing and Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation and Other Houses (Miscellaneous Provisions) (England) Regulation 2006).
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.