Enforcement in 2020
Received: 5 January 2021
1. Please state the number of Community Protection Notices (CPNs) and Community Protection Warnings (CPWs) issued by your local authority in the period November 2019-October 2020. If possible, please provide the texts of these CPNs or state their subject matter (for example, 'waste', 'neighbour nuisance', 'enforcement of social distancing').
2. Please state the number of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) issued by your authority for the violation of Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs) in the year 2020. Please give the offences for which these FPNs were issued. If your authority has a dispersal PSPO, please state the number of directions to disperse issued by your officers.
3. Please state whether your local authority has issued any fixed penalty fines to businesses for non-compliance with coronavirus regulations. If so, please state the offence(s) and the number and value of penalties issued.
4. Please state if your local authority has employed Covid Marshals/Wardens for encouraging compliance with social distancing/lockdown regulations. If so, please state: a. the number of these wardens; b. whether they were recruited from local authority staff or from private companies; c. the roles of these wardens; d. how these wardens enforce non-compliance (for example, reporting non-compliance to council/police).
5. Please state if your local authority has a Street Warden or Neighbourhood Warden scheme. If so, please state the number of wardens employed, and if possible state their general responsibilities.
6. Please state whether your local authority has created any Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (LTNs) in response to the Covid pandemic. If so, please state: a. The number of LTNs created; b. Whether you carried out public consultation or councillor scrutiny of LTNs before installation; c. The number of FPNs issued for the violation of these LTNs in 2020.
7. Please state the number of fixed penalty notices (FPNs) issued by your local authority for the offence of littering in the year 2020. Please state whether these FPNs were issued by a private company (and if so which company).
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some exempt) - application/pdf - Download