Freedom of Information Request

Request for Information on the Procurement of Road Markings on Highways

Received: 15 January 2021

I am writing to the London Borough of Barnet because your authority has responsibility for highways (please note that the terms 'highway' and 'road' are used interchangeably).
I represent the WJ group of companies, which carries out highway works and highway asset inspections. Our knowledge of how you procure road marking services is partial or incomplete so please could you provide us with the following information:
1. Which company or organisation carries out your general highway maintenance work?
(Note: This is who actually works on the roads. For example, this could be your own highways workforce or a term maintenance contractor)
2. Road marking is normally a specialist task, which is carried out or procured externally by the road maintenance organisation. Which company or organisation carries out your authority's road marking work?
(Note: For example, this could be an in-house road maintenance workforce, a highway term maintenance contractor or a specialist sub-contractor employed by them)
3. What is your authority's approximate annual spend on road marking including any related work such as high friction surfacing, crack and joint sealing etc.
4. When does the current contract or arrangement, which includes road marking and related work, end?
5. In order to be considered for future road marking or any other road work, how should we register our interest?

Outcome / Documents

  • Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download