ITV News FOI illegal evictions
Received: 2 March 2021
Subject: Illegal evictions
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
Between the dates of 16th March 2020 and 1st March 2021, please tell me:
1) how many people, or concerns, contacted the council to advise of an illegal eviction by a landlord in the area you cover?
2) How many of these cases have been investigated and by whom?
3) How many of these cases have resulted in a court order?
4) How many of these cases of illegal evictions were because tenants fell into rent arrears due to the pandemic?
5) How many tenants whom have been illegally evicted are now in hostels and other temporary accommodation?
6) How many of these cases involve children?
7) How many have been offered alternative housing outside of the borough and how far away? (Please answer in miles)
Outcome / Documents
- Response (not held) - application/pdf - Download