Support for children in mental health hospitals for over 3 months
Received: 3 March 2021
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. Could you please provide the following information for the calendar years 2018, 2019 and 2020:
1. How many notifications did this local authority receive of children (aged under 18) being accommodated as inpatients in a mental health hospital in the local authority's area for a period of three months or more (under sections 85, 86 and 86A of the Children Act 1989)?
2. Of the children referred to in the answer to question (1), how many were assessed by the local authority after a section 85 notification was made?
3. Of the children referred to in the answer to question (1), how many received any kind of support or services from the local authority as a child in need under section 17 of the Children Act 1989? (If you are able to provide more information regarding the type of support/services provided please do).
4. Could you please share any guidance produced by the local authority covering assessment and support for children accommodated in a mental health hospital in the local authority's area?
5. How many children looked after by this local authority under section 20, or in care under section 31 of the Children Act 1989, were mental health inpatients in 2018, 2019 and 2020?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (not held) - application/pdf - Download