Freedom of Information Request

private residential empty homes

Received: 16 March 2021

This request is for the attention of the private residential empty homes team or person. Please note that not all Councils have a designated Empty Homes Officer and therefore please ensure the relevant department is consulted.

The relevant department may be named as any of the following:

* Private Sector Housing Officer
* Planning & Enforcement Officer
* Environmental Health Officer
* Environmental Enforcement Officer
* Empty Property Officer
* Housing Development Officer
* Housing Standards Officer
* Council Tax Officers

Could you please then provide the following information:

1. Does the council currently use the services of an external tracing agent, research firm or genealogists to assist with finding owners of empty or presumed empty, privately owned residential property?

2. If so, which firm(s) has the council worked with?

3. Please provide the name, email address and direct telephone number of the officer or team that manages or monitors private residential empty homes matters.

I do apologise for having to send a FOI request at this difficult time and hope this will not be too onerous for you.

Outcome / Documents

  • Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download