Referrals/Assessments to Children's Service and Ethnicity
Received: 29 April 2021
Please would you let me know in writing if you hold information of the following description, relating to children's/social services:
For the following years: 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2021:
1) The total number of referrals made to Children's Services
E.g. 'There were a total of 1,000 referrals made to Children's Services in 2017/18, 1,100 in 2018/19…etc.'
2) The stated ethnicity of the children to whom the referral is regarding
E.g. 'Of the 1,000 referrals made to Children's Services in 2017/18, 500 were recorded as 'White British,' 300 were recorded as 'Black Carribean,' etc.' Where the child/children in question were recorded as 'Mixed/Multiple ethnic background', please give any further details, e.g. 'mixed White British and Black African.'
3) The total number of referrals that have resulted in an assessment under section 17 of the Children Act 1989
E.g. 'Of the 1,000 referrals made to Children's Services in 2017/18, 600 resulted in an assessment.
4) The stated ethnicity of the children whom the assessment is regarding
E.g. 'Of the 600 assessment made in 2017/18, 100 related to a child/children recorded as 'Irish Traveller'.
5) A breakdown of the outcome of each assessment, specifying the ethnicity of the child/children in each outcome.
E.g. '2017/18: Child A, ethnicity recorded as 'Bangladeshi,' the outcome of the assessment was that the child was 'not in need.' Child B, ethnicity recorded as 'White and Black African,' the outcome of the assessment was that the child was 'in need but it was been determined that the child was not suffering, or considered likely to suffer, significant harm.' Child C, ethnicity recorded as 'Chinese,' the outcome of the assessment was that the child was 'and that there were concerns that the child was suffering, or considered likely to suffer, significant harm.'
I would like a copy of the information and would prefer for it to be sent by email if possible.
If any part of the information requested is covered by one or more of the absolute exemptions in the Act please treat this request as a request for that part of the information which is not covered by the absolute exemption.
If you need further details in order to identify the information requested or a fee is payable please let me know as soon as possible.
If you are of the view that there may be further information of the kind requested but it is held by another public authority please let me know as soon as possible. Please continue with this application as quickly as possible.
I believe that the information requested is required in the public interest for the following reasons:
1. To uphold public confidence that the council has thorough policies on the type of information it is obliged to record.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download