Freedom of Information request
Received: 29 July 2021
Please accept this as a formal Freedom of Information request, made under The Freedom of Information Act 2000, for the following information that you ought to have on public record:
1. Who is Barnet Council?
2. On what basis does Barnet Council derive its authority to impose a tax [mandatory or otherwise] if it is a private corporation operating in commerce [D-U-N-5 number 217130709]?
::S. Confirm the registered VAT number for Barnet council
4. On what basis is Barnet Council accessing, processing, and storing specific personal data and information about the inhabitants if it is a private corporation operating in commerce [D-UN-5 number 217130709]?
5. On what basis does Barnet Council believe taxation is a "legal requirement"?
6. On what basis does Barnet Council believe taxation is "mandatory"?
7. On what basis does Barnet Council believe taxation is a "mandatory obligation"?
8. On what basis does Barnet Council believe "liable" is mandatory?
9. On what basis does Barnet Council believe it is able to enforce a liability?
10. Does Barnet Council have evidence for power of attorney over living men and women and/or
the legal-fiction(s) to whom it addresses for Council Tax demands?
11. Does Barnet Council have evidence for any compulsory obligation on the inhabitants to pay
Barnet Council Councii Tax?
12. Is Barnet Council able to confirm it is compliant with Article 22 of GDPR (transparency for
automated decisions) in relation to Council Tax and if it is a decision based solely on
automated processing, please explain how the amount of council tax calculated is, a fair, just,
and reasonable, voluntary contribution to actual council services is rendered.
13. Please provide the actual full profit and loss accounting in respect to all the following:
a) All pension funds and ALL investments using the proceeds of Council Tax.
b) Enforcing tax liabilities and charges including court charges minus appeals and
c) Enforcing all policies of Barnet Council upon the local community.
d) Enforcing evictions for non-payment of tax/arrears upon the local community.
I understand that under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I am entitled to a response within 20
working days of your receipt of this request.
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific
exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to
appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
Please acknowledge receipt of this request, and I look forward to receiving the information in the
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download