Planning for Net Zero
Received: 23 August 2021
I am undertaking a research project titled: 'Planning for net zero - what role does spatial planning play in the delivery of sustainable development with respect to net zero.'
To support this research I would be grateful if you could provide me with the following information;
1. Have you declared a climate emergency? Y/N
2. a. Do you have an action plan or strategy (or equivalent) related to net zero goals? Y/N
b. If yes, is 'Spatial Planning' featured within the action plan/strategy? Y/N
3. a. Does your 'Local Plan' reflect net zero targets? Y/N
b. if yes to what year?
c. If no, does your 'Local Plan Review' plan to include net zero? Y/N
4. a. Do you have an in-house sustainability (or equivalent) officer/s supporting local planning policy, if yes, the number of officers?
b. Who is the key contact at your council?
5. a. What tools do your planners use to support climate planning policy and delivery in your authority?
b. Do your planning officers receive climate literacy training or equivalent? Y/N
c. Do you use climate change mitigation as a material consideration in balancing planning applications? Y/N
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some not held) - application/pdf - Download