Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
Received: 13 September 2021
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Karma Nirvana is a national charity supporting victims and survivors of Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage.
We are beginning to map the prevalence of honour-based-abuse and forced marriage in the UK over the last 3 years. Our aim is to identify trends in local responses to honour-based-abuse by comparing local authority data with the data Karma Nirvana's honour-based-abuse national helpline collates.
Does your organisation's Case Management and Recording system facilitate tagging case file's where,
* Honour based abuse has been identified Yes/No
Please could send me:
1. The number of initial assessments carried out for children because they were identified as at risk of honour-based abuse?
2. The number of initial assessments carried out for vulnerable adults because they were identified as at risk of honour-based abuse?
3. How many MARAC referrals have been received for victims experiencing honour-based-abuse?
4. The number of assessments of entitlement to housing for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness identified as experiencing honour-based-abuse?
5. How many domestic homicide reviews were undertaken during the following years?
6. For each year outlined above, how many of the domestic homicide reviews related to victims impacted by Honour Based Abuse? Of these, how many victims were female? How many were male? How many were under the age of 18?
7. Honour Based Abuse Training and Awareness
8. Is training provided to staff about honour based abuse?
9. If training is delivered, which staff receive or are eligible to receive this training? Is training compulsory and how is attendance / completion measures?
10. What format does this training take place (i.e e-learning, face to face? How long does this training take to complete? How frequently is the training completed?
11. If training is provided, pleased provide a copy of the course objectives
12. Is honour-based abuse and forced marriage included within your safeguarding training framework?
13. Who delivers your honour-based abuse and forced marriage training? For example, external provider, in house/internally? If this is provided by an external provider, please state who this is.
14. How is the local authority assured that the honour-based abuse and forced marriage training provider is suitably qualified to deliver the training?
15. How many times has honour-based abuse and forced marriage training been provided between 01.04.2018 - 31.03.19, 01.04.19 - 31.03.20, & 01.04.2020 31.03.2021?
16. How many people have attended/completed training between 01.04.2018 - 31.03.19, 01.04.19 - 31.03.20, & 01.04.2020 31.03.2021?
17. Which types of professionals have attended honour-based abuse and forced marriage training between 01.04.2018 - 31.03.19, 01.04.19 - 31.03.20, & 01.04.2020 31.03.2021? For example, social workers, police officers, voluntary sector.
18. Please provide a copy of the training material.
I would like the above information to be provided to me as paper or electronic copies.
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act, you are required to advise and assist requesters. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this email.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download