EUSS and UASC
Received: 1 October 2021
I am writing under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from your local authority. Please could you provide the following data:
For each of the financial quarters since January 2020, how many
* children under the age of 18, and
* young people aged between 18 and 24 (inclusive)
Fit into the following categories:
* EU national (except Irish citizens)
* Unaccompanied asylum-seeking child (UASC)
* Other non-British national
Quarter UASC EU national Other non-British national
Under 18 18-24 Under 18 18-24 Under 18 18-24
If the above request would not be possible to meet within reasonable time or cost thresholds, please provide any possible data - for example only UASC and EU national data, or only data from the last financial year.
If the data is held in a different format, or is collated differently (e.g. different age ranges) then please send any data held relevant to this request if collating the data as per the table above would engage the cost threshold.
For the avoidance of doubt, definitions of the terms used are as follows:
* EU national: a citizen of the EU27 not including Ireland. It does not matter whether the individual has applied or been granted status under the EU settlement scheme.
* Unaccompanied asylum-seeking child: any child or young person who has applied for asylum in the UK. Please include those who have applied, who have been granted refugee status or humanitarian protection, and those who have been refused refugee status.
* Other non-British national: any child or young person who is not a British citizen - does not hold a British passport and is not entitled to one - who also does not fit into either of the categories above.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download