illegal puppy imports
Received: 8 October 2021
Please could you provide with the following information regarding the number of smuggled dogs seized at UK borders:
* The number of reports you have received, either from the public or anyone else, in relation to the suspected illegal importation of puppies? Please provide the figures for each year since January 2016, as well as the latest data you have for 2021.
* Please confirm how many of these reports have been investigated further. Please provide the figures for each year.
* Over the same period, broken down by year, a) how many puppies were seized by Trading Standards on suspicion that they were in breach of the Rabies Order 1974; and b) how many of these puppies were subsequently quarantined?
* Over the same period, broken down by year, how many prosecutions has the Local Authority carried out in relation to illegally imported puppies under either a) the Rabies Order 1974 or b) The Non-Commercial Movement of Pet Animals Order 2011)?
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide assistance, under your Section 16 obligations, as to how I can refine my request to be included in the scope of the Act.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (not held) - application/pdf - Download