Received: 26 May 2022
I am interested in understanding the use of non-disclosure agreements by Local Authorities. I would appreciate if you could respond to this FOI request.
1. Has Barnet included non-disclosure clauses in agreements signed at the conclusion of employment disputes?
2. In the past 7 years, how many non-disclosure agreements have been signed in the circumstances described in point 1. I would appreciate this information being broken down by year and team/department and directorate.
3. When settling employment disputes and signing non-disclosure agreements, have settlement payments been made to employees as a result of these agreements?
4. In the past 7 years, how much money has been spent on settlement payments which formed part of non-disclosure agreements? I would like this information broken down by year and team/department and directorate.
5. Does Barnet have any policy or guidance about the circumstances in which non-disclosure can be included in settlement agreements signed at the end of employment
For the purposes of this FOI a non disclosure clause is a clause in the contract which as a minimum forbids the employee from discussing the events leading to termination their employment.
Non disclosure contract is a contract which contains non disclosure clause.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some exempt) - application/pdf - Download