Received: 8 June 2022
I am seeking the housing benefit paid for such accommodation, broken down into housing benefit, and to include service charges as outlined below.
Exempt accommodation is defined as: "1) 'Exempt accommodation' is a term used in Housing Benefit and Universal Credit to describe supported accommodation where the rules that normally limit the amount of rent covered by a benefit award do not apply. The usual meaning of 'exempt accommodation' is where the accommodation is provided by a landlord in the social or voluntary sector and the benefit claimant is provided with care, support or supervision by the landlord or by someone acting on the landlord's behalf. A claimant occupying exempt accommodation does not have their housing benefit restricted to local housing allowance."
Please can you disclose the following:
1. details of the lowest awarded eligible core rent;
2. details of the highest awarded eligible core rent;
3. details of the lowest awarded gross eligible rent (i.e. inclusive of the core rent and the eligible service charges);
4. details of the highest awarded gross eligible rent (i.e. inclusive of the core rent and the eligible service charges); and
5. Please confirm the names of exempt accommodation providers in your area. Please name the providers/landlords who currently hold exempt accommodation status in respect of any of their residents.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some exceeds appropriate limit) - application/pdf - Download