Local Welfare Assistance & Household Support Fund
Received: 16 June 2022
These questions specifically pertain to your local welfare assistance/provision (LWA) scheme, which you call 'Barnet Local Welfare Assistance Fund ', explained here on your website: https://www.barnet.gov.uk/benefits-grants-and-financial-advice/grants-and-funding/apply-barnet-local-welfare-assistance-fund
What was the total spend on your scheme in 2021/22?
1. How many applications did you receive to this scheme in 2021/22?
2. How many applications were successful in 2021/22?
3. How much was spent on the provision of furniture and/or white goods in 2021/22? This includes both cash, vouchers and the provision of the item itself.
4. What percentage of your 2021/22 spend was funded by your core spending power (as opposed to additional Govt. funding provided via Section 31 grants, such as the Household Support Fund)
5. What is your budget for 2022/23?
6. Did this scheme pre-exist the Covid-19 pandemic?
Part B: Household Support Fund
These questions specifically pertain your allocation of the £500m Household Support Fund. For clarity purposes we are referring to the first tranche of the fund announced by the Government here. This fund was announced in the autumn 2021 and had to be spent by the 31 March 2022.
7. How much were you allocated from the Household Support Fund in 2021/22?
8. How much of this fund did you spend in 2021/22?
9. Could anyone apply to receive support from this fund or was it distributed based on certain criteria (e.g. eligibility to FSM)?
10. Please provide approximate percentages indicating what this fund was spent on
a. Targeted direct grants to recipients of the following benefits (please specify these below)
i. Free School Meals %
ii. Universal Credit %
iii. Council Tax Support %
iv. Tax Credit %
v. Discretionary Housing Payments %
vi. Other (please specify) %
b. Additional funding for your LWA scheme (as set out in Part A) %
c. Funding for third party Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations %
d. A new scheme to which members of the public could apply for support, which ran alongside your existing LWA scheme %
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download