Data on reported accidents at children's playgrounds
Received: 26 July 2022
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information which relates to reported accidents at children's playgrounds covered by your jurisdiction.
Please may you provide me with data on:
* The number of children's playgrounds in your area in 2022
* The number of accidents reported at children's playgrounds in your area in 2022 so far, 2021, 2020 and 2019
* The name of the playground where the most reported accidents have occurred in this timeframe (and total number between 2022 and 2019 here)
* The number of complaints made in relation to the safety of equipment at playgrounds in your area in 2022 so far, 2021, 2020 and 2019
* The name of the playground which has received the most complaints in relation to the safety of its equipment, in this timeframe (and total number between 2022 and 2019 here)
* Any details on playground closures or equipment that has been removed due to safety complaints or reported accidents since 2019
Please provide the information in the attached spreadsheet.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined, I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact me via email and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request, my details are outlined below.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download