Local Authority Electricity Generation Assets
Received: 10 February 2023
Dear Barnet Borough Council,
In order to assist my research into Local Authorities who generate and export electricity from their own energy assets I would be grateful if you could answer the following questions. I am particularly looking at grid connected assets for example solar farms, wind turbines and waste to energy plants, rather than rooftop solar installations which mostly supply electricity to the building they occupy. I'd be grateful if you could answer the following questions: -
1) Do you own or operate electricity generation assets which export to the grid?
2) If so, what technologies? And are they 'co-located'? E.g., a solar farm with a battery.
3) How much electricity (in kWh) would you expect to be exported, per asset, per year?
4) When were the assets commissioned?
5) What is the current contractual arrangement to sell the power, to whom is it sold and what is the contract end date?
6) Does your local authority have any plans in place to acquire, build or invest in electricity generation assets in the future?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download