Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) safety standards in the mobile catering sector
Received: 23 March 2023
NCASS, The Nationwide Caterers Association represents over 7000 independent food businesses nationwide.
We are currently undertaking some research into Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) safety standards in the mobile catering sector and are looking to provide some training assistance to support mobile caterers and regulators to understand the safe set up and use of LPG.
We would like to understand how well mobile LPG safety is currently understood and supported by local authorities, so we are contacting all local authorities across the UK to request the following information.
N.B: These questions are focused on local authority Environmental Health services and are relevant to gas and mobile LPG safety.
Please confirm the following: -
1. Has the Environmental Health service undertaken specific training on gas safety in the last 5 years? If so, please include some brief details of the training that has been undertaken.
2. How many officers were required to attend this training?
3. Who was this training provided by and what was their relevant qualification/competency?
4. Did this training include mobile LPG safety? If so, please include some brief details.
5. In the last 5 years has the Environmental Health service requested technical support from the Gas Safe Register to support with a gas safety enforcement matter. If so, approximately how many times has assistance been requested?
6. Did any of these requests for support specifically relate to mobile LPG? If so, please include some brief details and the outcomes of this.
7. In the last 5 years has the Environmental Health service undertaken any enforcement action specifically in relation to LPG in mobile catering in the last 5 years? If so, please include some brief details of this.
8. Does your authority employ anyone with a formal gas safety qualification, for example, a Gas Safe Registered Engineer, who they consult on in relation to gas safety matters including mobile LPG? Please include details of their qualification.
Please provide this information in the attached form that we have devised to make it easier for you to submit your responses.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download