Due to Covid-19 Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH) will be making significant changes to the way the provide the Healthy Child Programme in Barnet. This is part of the trust wide response to Covid-19 and is in line with the national advice from NHS England.
Health Visiting and School Nursing Universal Service
In response to COVID -19 the universal Health Visiting and School Nursing services have changed their offer in line with the NHSE and NHSI guidance.
The services are now offering:
- All vulnerable (London Continuum of Need level 3 &4) families and young people a range of face to face and video calls or home visit depending on need
- Vulnerable Antenatal women will be contacted and offered either video, telephone or face to face
- All of our New Birth visits will be carried out by a range of video calls and face to face contacts depending on need
- 6-8 week maternal mood assessments will be carried out by phone or video call
- Red Accident and Emergency attendances will be followed up
From the 1st April 2020 the health visiting and school nursing services will be offering a 7 day a week 9am-5pm duty line for parents and young people to call for support and advice. The duty line will be staffed by an administrator, Health Visitor and School Nurse. The number for each borough within your STP is outlined below.
Duty Number Barnet is:
Telephone: 020 8200 2500
Breastfeeding support is being given virtually, the service can be contacted via email at CLCHT.Breastfeedingsupport@nhs.net
Healthy weight nursing services
Healthy weight nursing services will continue to be available to service users they currently work with and healthy weight advice will be available through the CLCH ‘well children’s hubs’.
Further resources for parents and families
The Institute of Health Visiting is dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of all families and are putting together links and resources from trusted organisations and websites to support parents and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.