COVID-19 Outbreak. Health and well being services are currently operating a reduced service.
Stop smoking service changes
Changes to the healthy child programme
Some sexual health service suspended
Find out more
Support and services available
School nursing services in Barnet are run by Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH). Health Matters is a digital hub that supports the school nursing services; take a look at the website for more information.
Due to COVID-19 CLCH are continuing to see the majority of clients using video calls. This and is in line with the national advice from NHS England.
In response to COVID-19 the universal Health Visiting and School Nursing services have changed their offer in line with the NHS England and NHS Improvement guidance.
The services are now offering:
- all vulnerable families and young people a range of face to face and video calls or home visit depending on need
- vulnerable Antenatal women will be contacted and offered either video or face to face
- all of our New Birth visits will be carried out by a range of video calls and face to face contacts depending on need
- 6 to 8 week maternal mood assessments will be carried out by phone or video call.
What does a school nurse do?
School nurses have three main roles:
- give confidential advice, care and treatment to children and young people and their parents/carers
- look after and protect a child/young person’s physical and emotional health
- to deliver the Healthy Child Programme 5 to 19 for children and young people in Barnet.
The service is for children and young people between 4 and 19 years of age who attend schools in Barnet.
Fees: No charge
Apply: Children and young people can be referred by their teachers, parents and by their healthcare professionals. Children and young people can also self-refer to the service. Find contact details below.
We have a 7 day a week 9am to 5pm duty line for parents and young people to call for support and advice. The duty line will be staffed by an administrator, and a clinician.
Duty Number Barnet: 020 8200 2500, option 1
South School Nursing Team
Oak Lane Clinic
West School Nurse team (Mill Hill Clinic)
School Nursing Team
Millway Medical Practice
Phone: 020 8959 0888
North School Nurse Team (Vale Drive Clinic)
North School Nursing Team
Vale Drive Clinic
Phone: 020 8447 3500
School Health Questionnaire
The school health questionnaire informs the school nurse of any medical information about your child, which is vital especially if they require any medication to be administered in school.
The completed and returned questionnaire provides us with the most recent demographic and health information about your child. Any information you provide is confidential and will only be shared with the school on a need-to-know basis, ensuring your child receives appropriate care to enable them to reach their potential whilst staying safe and well at school.You can access the Primary School Survey here and the Secondary School survey here
Further resources for parents and families
The Institute of Health Visiting is dedicated to supporting the health and well being of all families and are putting together links and resources from trusted organisations and websites to support parents and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.