Young people's drug and alcohol misuse

If you are a young person (aged up to 24 years) who is affected by drug or alcohol problems, or a friend or family member, you can talk to someone at Barnet’s young people’s substance misuse service. Barnet also offers a drug and alcohol misuse service for adults.

Barnet Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service

WDP Barnet Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service (YPDAS) offers support for young people (aged up to 24) who may be affected by drug or alcohol problems.

WDP Barnet YPDAS offer personalised services to meet your needs, and work across Barnet so that they can come and meet you at a place that suits you. As drug and alcohol problems can impact on the wellbeing of a family, WDP Barnet YPDAS offers programmes and peer support for families affected by drug or alcohol problems.

WDP Barnet YPDAS provides information, as well as a number of services in youth settings across the borough, including:

  • treatment
  • counselling
  • family work
  • group work
  • drop-in clinics.

Referrals can be made by agency workers, housing, the police, the GP, health visitors, social workers, contact organisations and schools. Self-referrals are also welcome.

Get in touch by phone or email

You can get in touch with WDP Barnet YPDAS for free by calling 0300 303 3169 to leave a message, 24 hours a day. You can also email at:

Should any confidential information need to be sent, please use the secure email

Ground Floor, Dennis Scott Unit
Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware HA8 0AD


Further information and support


Find out everything you need to know about drugs, their effects and the law. Talk to Frank for facts, support and advice on drugs and alcohol.


Adfam works to improve the lives of families affected by drug and alcohol use.

NHS Live well

NHS Live Well has information on the effects of drugs.


For facts, advice and tools for tracking your alcohol intake visit the Drinkaware website.


For assistance with health and wellbeing including finding GP services, you can visit the NHS website.

Rate this page?