If you are a young person who is affected by drug or alcohol problems, or a friend or family member, you can talk to someone at Barnet’s young people’s substance misuse service. Barnet also offers a drug and alcohol misuse service for adults.
Change Grow Live Barnet
Change Grow Live Barnet is the local service for adults and young people who are experiencing issues with drugs or alcohol.
The service is free and open to all Barnet residents as well as their families and carers. Any professional, such as a housing support worker, social worker or a nurse, can make a referral or you can get in touch yourself.
You will be able to talk to one of the duty team practitioners who will help you decide which service best meets your needs. The team will then work with you to create a care plan, which will be reviewed regularly.
The services will offer amongst other things:
- Harm reduction advice
- Access to substitute medication
- Referrals to residential and community detoxes and residential rehab
- Group work
- Employment, Education and Training support
- A range of health and wellbeing services including support to stop smoking, blood borne virus assessment/vaccination/treatment, health checks
- Support for friends, families and carers
- Education and information for professionals including GP’s and other health professionals
- Support and in-reach for schools
- Outreach and community engagement
- Dual diagnosis support via co-location with community mental health teams
- Support for parents who use drugs or alcohol, including co-location with children’s centres and family services
Get in touch by phone or email
You can get in touch with Change Grow Live Barnet for free by calling 0300 303 2866 24 hours a day. You can also email at: Barnet.Info@cgl.org.uk
Should any confidential information need to be sent, please use the secure email firstname.lastname@example.org
Change Grow Live Barnet
Ground Floor, Dennis Scott Unit
Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware HA8 0AD
Further information and support
Find out everything you need to know about drugs, their effects and the law. Talk to Frank for facts, support and advice on drugs and alcohol.
Adfam works to improve the lives of families affected by drug and alcohol use.
NHS Live well
NHS Live Well has information on the effects of drugs.
For facts, advice and tools for tracking your alcohol intake visit the Drinkaware website.
For assistance with health and wellbeing including finding GP services, you can visit the NHS website.