Libraries COVID-19 Update
All libraries are now open.
Please check our opening times before you travel to a library as they are subject to change.
Keeping library members and staff safe
The safety of all our customers, staff and volunteers remains our highest priority. Help us to keep all our customers and staff safe:
- Please wear a face covering in the library.
- Please give other customers and staff space.
- Please use the hand sanitizer.
- Please leave your details for the NHS Test and Trace scheme or scan the QR code
- Keep your visit to the library short
- Please do not visit the library if you feel unwell
Attendance at events and activities is currently more restricted than usual.
NHS Test and Trace
In order to assist the NHS Test and Trace service, the Council is maintaining a temporary record of our visitors. This information will be shared with the NHS if needed.
We will collect the following information from you:
- contact number
- date and time of your visit
- names of any staff members you interact with
This is a voluntary scheme and nobody visiting our premises is required to provide their details.
We encourage our customers to share their details in order to support NHS Test and Trace.
If you prefer us not to share this data with the NHS, you can opt-out.
The Council will not verify any visitor's identity for NHS Test and Trace purposes.
Alternatively, if you have a smart phone you can scan the QR code in the library on the Track and Trace app.
Sign up for our newsletters
Keep up to date with our latest news and events by joining our e-newsletters. Find out more and register