Libraries COVID-19 Update: Monday 26 July
COVID-19 Update: Monday 26 July
All libraries are now open.
Please check our opening times before you travel to a library as they are subject to change.
Our opening hours will continue to be limited at some libraries. We are working to extend these soon.
What you can do in the library
You can now:
- browse and choose your own items to borrow
- return items at the self-service kiosks
- pre-order books to collect at your local library via our Select and Collect service
- use a computer, you no longer need to pre-book
Keeping library members and staff safe
The safety of all our customers, staff and volunteers remains our highest priority. While infection rates remain high, we will retain our safety measures.
We politely request that you:
- wear a face covering in the library
- continue to observe social distancing
- sanitise your hands on entry and before you use a computer or a self-service kiosk
- keep your visit to the library short (around 15 minutes, unless you're using a computer)
- wait outside if asked by staff, to limit the number of customers in the library
NHS Test and Trace
In order to assist the NHS Test and Trace service, the Council is maintaining a temporary record of our visitors. This information will be shared with the NHS if needed.
We will collect the following information from you:
- contact number
- date and time of your visit
- names of any staff members you interact with
This is a voluntary scheme and nobody visiting our premises is required to provide their details.
We encourage our customers to share their details in order to support NHS Test and Trace.
If you prefer us not to share this data with the NHS, you can opt-out.
The Council will not verify any visitor's identity for NHS Test and Trace purposes.
Alternatively, if you have a smart phone you can scan the QR code in the library on the Track and Trace app.
Sign up for our newsletters
Keep up to date with our latest news and events by joining our e-newsletters. Find out more and register