Fines, charges and room hire
Fines for overdue items
Books and CDs borrowed from Barnet libraries have been extended for 6 weeks and all fines removed.
Any fines due on DVDs from this time will be waived when they are returned.
Borrowing library books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs
You can now request items using our Select and Collect service. There are no charges for this service.
Search the catalogue for library items and reserve online for free (applies to items available in Barnet libraries).
Charges to reserve an item not in stock:
- reserved book not available in Barnet Libraries will cost £1.00
- reserved book borrowed from another library authority will cost £4.00
- reserved book obtained from the British Library will cost £6.00
- late return fee for a reserved book obtained from the British Library will cost £4.30
Lost library card
There are no charges for lost cards at the present time.
Audiobooks, CDs and DVDs
Free to borrow
- Black and white printing per A4 sheet 20p
- Colour printing per A4 sheet 80p
- Black and white A4 per sheet 20p
- Black and white A3 per sheet 30p
- Colour A4 per sheet 80p
- Colour A3 per sheet £1.20
Hiring spaces and displays
We are not taking bookings for hall and room hires.
If you would like more information you can contact the library. Check our list of libraries offering this service and their capacity:
- Chipping Barnet (31 plus)
- Colindale (up to 30)
- East Finchley (up to 15)
- Edgware (up to 30)
- Finchley Church End (31 plus)
- Golders Green (up to 30)
- Hendon (up to 15)
- North Finchley (up to 30)
- Osidge (up to 15).
Hall and room hire charges
Full rate when the library is open:
- 6 to 15 people, £10 per hour
- 16 to 30 people, £15 per hour
- from 31 people, £30 per hour.
Full rate when the library is closed:
- 6 to 15 people, £25.50 per hour
- 16 to 30 people, £25.50 per hour
- from 31 people, £45.50 per hour.
A discount is available during library open hours to registered charities, non-profit making organisations and educational (non-profit making) organisations.
Concession rate when the library is open:
- 6 to 15 people, £7 per hour
- 16 to 30 people, £10 per hour
- from 31 people, £20 per hour.
There is no concession when the library is closed.
Display window hire charges
In order to align with government guidelines, this service is currently suspended.