Fines, charges and room hire
Fines for overdue items
Fines will return for any items borrowed from Monday 25 October which are returned late.
- Adult items 25p per day
- Children’s items 5p per day
- All DVDs 25p per day
You can set up email alerts to remind you to renew your items before they are due. To do this you will need to add your email address to your library account.
- Visit our online catalogue
- Chose ‘My Account’ on the top menu bar
- Enter your library card and PIN
- Select ‘Contact Options’
- Add your email address
Select and Collect service
Search the catalogue for library items and request them via our Select and Collect service for free (applies to items available in Barnet libraries).
Charges to request an item we do not stock:
- to request a book not available in Barnet Libraries £1.00
- to request a book obtained from another library authority £4.00
- to request book obtained from the British Library £6.00
- late return fee for a book obtained from the British Library £4.30
Lost library card
To replace a lost card £2
Free to borrow
£1 per week
- Black and white printing per A4 sheet 20p
- Colour printing per A4 sheet 80p
- Black and white A4 per sheet 20p
- Black and white A3 per sheet 30p
- Colour A4 per sheet 80p
- Colour A3 per sheet £1.20
Hiring spaces and displays
We are not taking bookings for hall and room hires.
If you would like more information you can contact the library. Check our list of libraries offering this service and their capacity:
- Chipping Barnet (31 plus)
- Colindale (up to 30)
- East Finchley (up to 15)
- Edgware (up to 30)
- Finchley Church End (31 plus)
- Golders Green (up to 30)
- Hendon (up to 15)
- North Finchley (up to 30)
- Osidge (up to 15).
Hall and room hire charges
Full rate when the library is open:
- 6 to 15 people, £10 per hour
- 16 to 30 people, £15 per hour
- from 31 people, £30 per hour.
Full rate when the library is closed:
- 6 to 15 people, £25.50 per hour
- 16 to 30 people, £25.50 per hour
- from 31 people, £45.50 per hour.
A discount is available during library open hours to registered charities, non-profit making organisations and educational (non-profit making) organisations.
Concession rate when the library is open:
- 6 to 15 people, £7 per hour
- 16 to 30 people, £10 per hour
- from 31 people, £20 per hour.
There is no concession when the library is closed.
Display window hire charges
In order to align with government guidelines, this service is currently suspended.