Historic Census information for the following areas is available at the Local Studies Centre.
- Hendon 1801 - 1821 - limited personal information
- index to Hendon Census 1851 - 1871
- Friern Barnet 1831 - limited personal information
Census data from 2001 onwards is available on the Statistics and Census Information pages.
The genealogical website 'Ancestry' is available at the Local Studies Centre and all Barnet Libraries (with a library membership card).
Ancestry offers access to:
- indexes to births, deaths and marriages
- London / Middlesex parish registers
- UK census records from 1841 until 1901
- family history material
Information is also available on the National Archives website.