Using library computers
You can use the computers in Barnet Libraries to:
- use the internet
- scan and print
- use Microsoft Office software
- use IT learning courses
- use online resources
- use Ancestry.co.uk
- use Access to Research
The computers are self-service. In staffed hours just turn up and type in your and PIN to use the computer .
You can apply online for a library card before your visit.
To use a PC in Self-service opening you will need a library card that has been upgraded for use in Self-service opening .
You must agree to our Acceptable Usage policy.
PCs turn off 15 minutes before the library closes.
All our libraries have self-service issue machines.
- 90 minutes each day is free for library card holders
- black and white printing: 10p per sheet
- colour printing: 50p per sheet
All Barnet libraries have Wi-Fi you can use with your own device. To use our Wi-Fi search for LBBLibrary in your device settings. You will need your Barnet library card and PIN. To reset your PIN log in to your library account online or visit any Barnet Library in staffed hours.
A range of computer courses are available. Find details for your local library.
Barnet and Southgate College run courses using PCs at Colindale and Hendon libraries:
- Switch on to IT (beginners)
Ideal for absolute beginners, this course teaches you how to use a mouse and keyboard, word processing, internet and email
- Click on to the net: including: browsers, website addresses, search engines, online forms, viruses, e-mail security and safety, online shopping and social networking
To be eligible for these free courses you need to be a permanent UK resident, be aged 19+, and have basic English skills.
Please contact Barnet and Southgate College directly to book.