Library information enquiries service
Due to COVID-19 we are unable to take your enquiries in person. We have moved our information enquiry desk online. If you cannot find the information you’re looking for in our online resources, our team of librarians are here to help.
About the service
Our online information enquiry service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Ask us what you need help with, and we will do our best to find the answer.
We will respond to you within 3 working days. Some queries may take longer to research, in this case we will let you know and give you an answer as soon as possible.
You do not need to be a library member to use this service.
If you would like to make a local or family history enquiry, contact our Local Studies and Archives service
How to submit an information enquiry
You can ask us a question by emailing our enquiry desk
Make sure you include:
- your question or query (give us as much detail as you can)
- the level of detail you need in our response
- where you’ve searched for the answer (if applicable).
We will contact you if we need more information about your question.
What we cannot help with
We are unable to:
- complete competition entries for you
- answer questions that need an opinion or guesswork
- undertake research projects or essay writing
- conduct commercial research.
If we cannot answer your question. We will contact you to let you know why. We will signpost you to resources that can help.