COVID-19 Impact on this service
- Only the driver of the vehicle is allowed to attend the appointment. No passengers including children and pets are permitted entry on site
- You must wear a face mask whilst present on site
- You must report to security at the main entrance gate on arrival and report to the Transport reception once you have parked your vehicle
- Hand sanitiser and handwashing facilities will be available throughout our premises
- Please adhere to social distancing measures keeping 2 metres apart where possible.
Failure to comply with any of the above will lead to the MOT being terminated or refused and removal from the site.
For further information on getting an MOT, please check government guidance or contact the MOT test Centre on 020 8359 5103.
About our testing Centre
You can MOT your vehicle at our MOT Test Centre located at Oakleigh Depot, Oakleigh Road South, London, N11 1HJ
Please call us on 020 8359 5103 to book your MOT test.
We are open Monday to Friday 7 am to 7 pm and Saturday 7 am – 3 pm, we are closed on Sundays, bank holidays and during the Christmas period.
We are not linked to any commercial vehicle repair companies and provide a fair service. We will give you an unbiased report on your vehicle if it fails the MOT or emissions standard.
We do not carry out vehicle repairs.
Before your visit, please ensure you have read the information below about the health and safety rules and the security information when accessing the site.
Book an MOT test
You need to book an appointment in advance for your MOT test.
MOT test takes approximately one hour.
Let us know which time and date suits you when booking, however, appointments are subject to availability.
When making the booking, we will need your vehicle registration number, make and model of your vehicle and your contact details.
On the day of your appointment, please arrive at least 10 minutes before your test is due to start and remember to bring your current MOT certificate with you which will save some time.
Costs and how to pay
The current fees for MOTs are as follows:
- Class 4 (Car up to 8 passenger seats) - £54.00
- Class 4A (Private passenger vehicles 9-12 seats) - including seat belt installation check - £57.00
- Class 5 (13-16 seats) - £59.00
- Class 5A (13-16 seats) - including seat belt installation check - £59.00
- Class 7 (Goods vehicles 3000kg-3500kg) - £58.00
- MOT Re-Test - £20.00
- Duplicate test certificate - £10.00
You can pay for the MOT test using cash or a credit/debit card (excluding American Express) at the testing centre on the day.
Cheques will not be accepted.
On arrival at the Council’s security barrier, please report to the security officer. We will give you a Hi-Vis vest to wear at all times whilst on site and you will be directed to the MOT parking area.
For your safety, please follow the directions to the parking area provided to you and ensure you are adhering to the traffic lights, the maximum speed limit of 5mph when entering and leaving the site, and the one-way system.
Once you have parked your vehicle, please report to the MOT reception at the workshop ensuring you only walk within the marked pedestrian routes when on foot.
Please refrain from:
- Driving, mounting or parking on any footpaths at any time
- Driving against the one-way system
- Exceeding the 5mph speed limit
- Overtaking moving vehicles
- Walking outside of marked pedestrian routes
You will be able to view your vehicle MOT taking place from our reception area.