Council and committee meetings have been taking place at Hendon Town Hall since May 2021 with Covid-secure measures in place.
Hendon Town Hall
Although the public have been able to access the Town Hall to attend meetings, capacity has been limited. It continues to be recommended that people use the live audio stream to follow committee meetings rather than attend in person.
Details of committee meetings taking place can be found here: Democracy Home - London Borough of Barnet (moderngov.co.uk).
People who still wish to attend in-person should be aware of the following:
- The public will be admitted on a first-come-first-serve basis until the capacity limit is reached. The only exception to this will be planning committee meetings where the public will be admitted in groups for each application.
- If you are attending for a planning committee meeting, you may be required to wait outside the Town Hall for a period of time before you can access the building (i.e. when your item is due to be decided). Please dress accordingly and be patient with officers who will be trying to manage the throughput of the public to enable everyone to see their item being decided by the committee.
- For meetings where a large public attendance is expected, an officer will be present to manage the Town Hall reception area. If you are a registered speaker, please advise the Governance Officer at the entrance so that they can ensure you are admitted at the right time.
- The public will only be admitted 10 minutes before the meeting is due to start. Please follow officers’ instructions.
- If you have special requirements, please let us know in advance or when you present at the Town Hall on the day.
When entering the building people should also note the following control measures:
- Barnet Council expects everyone attending meetings to have done a negative lateral flow test within 24 hours of their visit to the Town Hall.
- The public gallery will be set up to maintain social distancing between attendees.
- Please use hand sanitiser when entering the building.
- Please wear face coverings in the Town Hall at all times, except when you are addressing the committee as a registered speaker.
- Proceed directly to the Council Chamber or committee rooms and do not loiter in the lobby or corridors.
- There will be no hard copy agenda papers for the public. Please access committee papers: Democracy Home - London Borough of Barnet (moderngov.co.uk)
- Materials will be available to the public should you wish to sanitise any surfaces.
- Please avoid moving around the committee room during the meeting. Stay in your allocated seat for the duration unless you are a registered public speaker.
- When leaving the building, please do not mingle in communal areas.