Next week (w/c 17 May) will see face-to-face council committee meetings resume for the first time since the start of the pandemic.
Hendon Town Hall
Meetings will return to Hendon Town Hall with Covid-secure measures put in place to allow limited public attendance.
Although the public will be able to access the town hall to attend, capacity will be limited so it is recommended that people continue to use the available live audio stream to following committee meetings.
Details of committee meetings taking place can be found online.
People who still wish to attend in-person should be aware of the following:
- The public will be admitted on a first-come-first-serve basis until the capacity limit is reached. The only exception to this is will be planning committee meetings where the public will be admitted in groups for each application
- If you are attending for a planning committee meeting, you may be required to wait outside the Town Hall for a considerable period before you can access the building (i.e. when your item is due to be decided). Please dress accordingly and be patient with officers who will be trying to manage the throughput of the public to enable everyone to see their item being decided by the committee
- An officer will be present to manage the Town Hall reception area. If you are a registered speaker, please advise the Governance Officer at the entrance so that they can tick you off the attendance list
- The public will only be admitted 10 minutes before the meeting is due to start. Please follow officers’ instructions.
- If you have special requirements, please let us know in advance or when you present at the Town Hall on the day.
When entering the building people should also note the following control measures:
- You will be asked to scan the NHS Test and Trace barcode or provide your name and contact information when accessing the building.
- Toilets are only available on the Ground Floor. Please use these when accessing the building. Toilets on the First-Floor landing will be closed except for disabled access.
- Please use hand sanitiser when entering the building
- Please wear face coverings in the Town Hall at all times, except when you are addressing the committee as a registered speaker
- Proceed directly to the committee rooms and enter via the door marked public entrance
- There will be no hard copy agenda papers for the public. Please access committee papers online
- Officers will direct you to seats. Please note that seats will be sanitised between uses.
- If you are a public speaker, the Governance Officer will have advised you in advance about Covid-secure arrangements for using the microphones so you can address the committee.
- Please avoid moving around the committee room during the meeting. Stay in your allocated seat for the duration unless you are a registered public speaker.
- Once your item has been decided, leave the Committee Rooms promptly via the doors at the rear of Committee Room 2. Public seated at the rear should exit first. Follow the one-way system to the fire escape.
- Please do not mingle, and leave the building and its vicinity promptly.