Other places for help and advice

Welfare Rights

The Welfare rights advisers can provide advice to families about welfare benefits provide other advice services. They can help you complete forms, appeal against decisions, help you apply for other benefits, provide information on other benefits and offer money advice.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

Citizens Advice Bureau offers free impartial advice on a wide range of subjects including benefits, debt counselling and housing advice.

Barnet CAB advice project helpline

Barnet Citizens Advice Bureau operate a telephone advice line: 0844 826 9336

The advice line is open:

  • Monday to Thursday 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
  • Friday 10.00 am to 2.00 pm

Barnet CAB Offices

There are two CAB offices in Barnet. The opening times vary and the hours can be found on the Barnet CAB website.

New Barnet
30 Station Road
New Barnet

40-42 Church End

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

The Department for Work and Pensions is made up of a number of agencies. Jobcentre Plus helps people of working age who are seeking work with training, finding work and benefits. They also help those who cannot work with Income Support. The Pension Service helps those aged over 60. The Disability and Carers Service supports disabled people and carers whether or not they work.

Barnet Housing Advice Centre now Broadway

The Threshold Housing Advice Centre gives advice on housing law, helping the single homeless, helping council tenants, Housing Benefit and homelessness appeals. The centre is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and will only see clients who have an appointment.

Threshold Housing Advice Barnet Centre
36b Woodhouse Road
North Finchley
N12 0RG

Tel: 020 8446 2504
Fax: 020 8446 3191

Council Tax

Information and advice about your Council Tax bill including payments, discounts, exemptions and relief.


Information and advice on housing issues

Housing Advice

Barnet Homes

Rate this page?