COVID-19 parking arrangements for health and care workers
If you are a health or care worker you can park whilst displaying an HM Government ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19) Parking Pass’ issued by your employer, a copy of your NHS ID or a letter on headed paper from your employer confirming your status.
This will allow you to park:
- in a permit bay (without a permit)
- in any council run car park (without making payment)
- in pay and display/pay by phone space on street (without making payment)
- on a single yellow line providing that you are not obstructing traffic or compromising safety. Parking suspensions.
You may not park:
- in a suspended parking bay
- at your normal place of residence or other locations whilst not at work or volunteering
- on a double yellow line
- where loading and unloading restrictions (kerb markings) are in operation
- zig zag lines at a pedestrian crossing
- keep clear markings outside a school, a hospital or fire, police or ambulance station
- adjacent to dropped kerbs
- in a bus stop
- in a disabled bay on-street or in a car park
- in an ambulance bay
- in an electric vehicles bay.