Home schooling

Parents responsibility for home schooling

Educating your children at home instead of sending them to school is called home schooling, also known as elective home education.

Home tuition or any other type of education given to you by your local council is not home schooling. 

For information on what:

  • you need to do if you home school
  • the law says about home schooling
  • how we will be involved with your home schooling
  • SEN and home schooling

If you choose to home school your child you will need to:

  • register for home schooling with us (Barnet Council) and
  • tell us how you will home school by completing the statement of provision form

Skip to: