The Blue Badge scheme helps disabled people with severe mobility problems to access goods and services by allowing them to park close to their destination. A Blue Badge is the property of the issuing authority.
It is a criminal offence to display:
- an out of date Blue Badge
- a family or friend’s Blue Badge without the badge holder being present
- a stolen Blue Badge
- a forged or counterfeit Blue Badge
- a deceased person’s Blue Badge.
Blue Badge misuse is a criminal offence which can lead to:
- a £1,000 fine
- a criminal record, and
- the badge being withdrawn.
Report Blue Badge Fraud
If you suspect that Blue Badge fraud is taking place, report it to the
Fraud Hotline on 020 8359 2007 or email CAFT@barnet.gov.uk