The Special Educational Needs Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) is a statutory service and offers parent/carers and young people access to confidential and impartial information, advice and support so they can make informed decisions about their child’s special educational needs (SEN) or their own educational needs.
We collect the information listed below to enable the service to provide appropriate information advice and support, liaise with other professionals, sign post to other services and for data reporting/analysis of the service users. The information is also used to inform our service users of various activities provided by SENDIASS service and other services and professionals within Barnet.
Personal information collected
- Address and contact details
- Date of birth
- Health information like SEN and disability categories
- Education information
- Equalities information
Who we share the information with
- Other council services like the SEN and social care teams
- Health agencies like Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy
- Professional and outside agencies such as Mencap or Barnados
Legislation that applies
Children and Family Action (2014) (Part3)
Code of Practice (2014)
How long we keep your information
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of practice stipulates 0 to 25 years.