Parks and open spaces
There is a park within one mile of the majority of homes in Barnet.
Opening and Closing Times
Where applicable the parks are opened by 8am and closed at various times depending on the season. Closing times vary and can be as early as 4.30pm in winter and as late as 10pm in the summer. Some Barnet parks are locked overnight.
Barnet Parks & Open Spaces Features
- 9 Marked and Measured Routes
- a number of led and general walks available throughout the borough
- 7 beautiful Local Nature Reserves (LNR) throughout the borough and A Site of Special Scientific Importance (SSSI) at Welsh Harp reservoir
- multisport facilities across the borough providing access to basketball, football, gaelic football (gaa) and tennis courts
- 8 Outdoor Gyms spread across Barnet each with a mix of Cardio, Strength and Toning equipment.
- over 40 Play Areas
- the Dollis Valley Green Walk which is over seven miles of parks and open space with areas of conservation, woodland and play that can be enjoyed by everyone
Adopt A Place
If you want to maintain a feature in a park or a local green space why not ‘adopt a place’? The scheme provides groups with support, materials and tools to undertake gardening or maintenance activities. You could build new skills and brighten up your local area.
Help keep Barnet parks tidy
To maximise everyone’s enjoyment of our parks, be considerate on your visit and please:
- place your litter in the bins provided or take it home. Littering is unsightly and can cause harm to plants, birds and animals
- clean up after your dog. Dog faeces, apart from smelling unpleasant, can carry a disease called toxocariasis, which can cause blindness in humans
- keep your dog under control and on a lead in designated areas
- be considerate of fellow park users. Anti-social behaviour is an offence
- follow the countryside code. The code has been compiled to promote the preservation of England’s countryside
North London Business Park (NLBP),
Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
Tel: 020 8359 4600