Major adaptations to your home

If your home needs major adaptations to make it suitable for your needs, you may wish to consider:

  • Help organising the work through the Barnet Care and Repair Agency who can help with finding a builder and supervising the works.
  • If you own your property or are a private tenant you may qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant to fund the work. 
  • If you live in a housing association property, the housing association will normally pay for the adaptation. If they don't have the funds available, you may be able to qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant 
  • If you live in council property, get in contact with Barnet Homes to discuss your needs. 
  • If you would like advice, we can arrange for an occupational therapist to assess your needs and make recommendations about the type of equipment and adaptations you need.
  • You may be able to qualify for support from us, but that will depend on an assessment of your needs. To request an  assessment, please contact Social Care Direct on email or phone 020 8359 5000

Rate this page?