Falls advice from Age UK
Healthy eating, regular eye checks, managing medicines, foot care, hazards in the home and keeping active. These are all the ways you can help to prevent falls.
Barnet Falls Clinic
There's a free service available for you or anyone who:
- has a fear of falling
- has a history of falls or near misses
- lacks confidence with their balance and walking
- has been diagnosed with osteoporosis
You must be able to move independently with or without a walking aid, but not use a wheelchair.
Barnet Falls Clinic at Finchley Memorial Hospital will first offer you an assessment to identify your risk of falling and what support you may need.
Finchley Memorial Hospital
Granville Rd N12 0JE.
Tel: 020 8349 7528 or 020 8349 7500.
You can refer yourself or get a friend, relative, carer, GP, district nurse or therapist to refer you.
12 week programme
You will then be able to join a free 12 week programme, which includes:
- information and advice
- group sessions to help with balance, flexibility and stamina
- exercises to do at home
- a check of your home to identify hazards
- plan strategies to help you cope if you do have a fall
Once you have completed the programme, the clinic can help you to find groups and activities in your local community to help you maintain your wellbeing.