Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding
About the fund
The Government launched the Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) to help households in England, Scotland and Wales without a direct relationship to a domestic electricity supplier.
You can get this if you’re not benefiting from the Government Energy Support Scheme (EBSS), where £400 is usually paid through a discount on the energy bill.
It is a one-off, non repayable discount.
Who can apply?
You can apply for the EBSS AF if you:
- live in a household with no domestic electricity meter
- do not have a direct relationship with an energy supplier
- pay for the energy your household uses
- are applying for your main home
- have a fixed address
You can only apply if your home is a:
- care home residents and others in care facilities/sheltered accommodation (wholly or partly self-funded)
- park home residents, houseboats and caravans that can provide proof of address
- social and private tenants who pay for energy through a landlord on a commercial supply
- homes on a heat network/private wire
- off-grid homes
- farmhouses used for wholly domestic purposes
Who can't apply?
You cannot apply for the new EBSS AF if you’ve already had the £400 Energy Bills Support Scheme (EBSS) payments
How to apply
If you are eligible for EBSS AF, you need to fill out an online form on GOV.UK.
You can find the form by searching 'apply for energy bill support if you do not get it automatically' on GOV.UK or on an internet search engine.
Applications are made directly to the government, not to Barnet council.
Once you have applied, your application will be processed and verified by Barnet council.
If your application is successful, the £400 payment will be made directly into your bank account in a single instalment.
Further information can be found on GOV.UK.
If you can’t apply online, or need help with your application, you should contact the Energy Payment helpline team. You can call them on 0808 175 3287. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
If you think you have received a scam message in relation to the EBSS AF, you can report this to firstname.lastname@example.org so that action can be taken.