At Barnet register office we have records of births, death and marriages from 1837 and civil partnerships since 2004.
You can buy a copy of a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate registered in Barnet from the register office.
What information you need to give us to order a certificate
- first name and surname of people involved (if it relates to a marriage or civil partnership include both partners and any maiden name)
- where the event took place
- date of the event
Charges for copy or replacement certificates
Certificates cost £11
How to get a copy or replacement certificate
At Barnet Register Office using credit or debit card for payments only.
Download and complete the certificate applications forms and bring them with you to the register office.
- birth certificate application form (PDF)
- death certificate application form (PDF)
- marriage certificate application form (PDF)
- civil partnership certificate application form (PDF)
Certificate application forms are also available to fill in at the register office.
Telephone 0208 359 6400
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Write to us
Please enclose a cheque or postal order made payable to: London Borough of Barnet
Barnet Register Office
Hendon Town Hall
When you will receive your certificate
We will send out your certificate within 3 to 5 days once we have received your application and payment.
Priority service certificates will be sent or ready for collection 24 hours from when you make your application.
In person priority
Visit the register office to order your certificate, payment is taken by debit or credit card.