Approval of venue for marriages and civil partnerships

If you are the owner or trustee of the premises you can apply to us for a ‘grant of approval’ to hold civil marriages and civil partnerships.

The grant of approval will be valid for a minimum of 3 years. You can apply to renew your grant of approval if it expires in less than a year.

How to apply

Send the following to us:

  • complete annex A to C forms
  • a plan of the building showing the area where ceremonies will be held
  • documents - a copy of your public liability insurance certificate, most recent fire safety certificate 
  • fee of £875 cheque or postal order

Once we receive your application we will inspect the premises and we will let you know if you have been approved to hold civil marriages and civil partnerships.


Barnet Register office
Hendon Town Hall
The Burroughs

Telephone: 020 8359 6400

Opening hours
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm