National Business Restart Grant
The deadline to pay a National grant is 14 May 2021.
You must provide any additional documentation that we've requested, by midday on 10 May 2021. After this time, we will not be in a position to make payment due to the deadline set by BEIS (Business Energy & Industrial Strategy).
Businesses re-opening after the Coronavirus lockdown can apply for a one-off restart support grant.
This will be available until 30 June 2021 via 2 grants:
Grant 1 is to help businesses in non-essential retail.
Grant 2 is to help businesses in:
- personal care
- gym and sport
Check if your business can get the Restart Grant
Who can apply
To get this grant, you must:
- run a business based in London Borough of Barnet
- be a business that can get the Restart Grant
- be registered to pay business rates, non domestic rates
- be registered as the rate payer on 1 April 2021
- have been unable to provide your usual face to face customer service from your premises
Your business won't qualify if:
- it was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was in place when the lockdown started
- you have reached the subsidy allowance limit, previously known as state aid.
Who can't apply
If your business:
- was in administration, insolvent or a striking off order was in place when the lockdown started
- has reached the subsidy allowance limit, previously known as state aid.
Find out more about the subsidy allowance limit on GOV.UK
How much can you get
The grant will be paid to the ratepayer and is based on the rateable value of the relevant property.
Restart 1 for non-essential retail businesses
- £2,667 for businesses with a rateable value under £15,000
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value over £51,000
Restart 2 for hospitality, leisure, personal care, accommodation, gym and sport businesses
- £8,000 for businesses with a rateable value under £15,000
- £12,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999
- £18,000 for businesses with a rateable value over £51,000
How to apply
If you have already applied for a Business Support Grant between 17 October 2020 and 31 March 2021, you will have the option to pre-fill your application using the same information. If the documents originally used are older than 90 days you must provide up to date evidence.
Before applying you will need to gather documentation to upload onto your application form.
You will need to show us:
identification of the rate payer; upload either your financial accounts, passport ID page or driving licence
evidence you were trading on 1 April 2021; upload either a delivery note, expenses receipt, purchase order or sales receipt
evidence the claimant is the named holder of the business bank account; upload bank statements dated within the last 4 months
evidence of the company occupying the property on 1 April 2021; upload 2 different utility bills dated within the last 3 months, such as electricity, gas, landline or water bill.
When you will hear from us
Government have set a deadline for all previous national grants to be paid by 30 April 2021. As these payments must take priority, this may result in a delay to processing Restart grants.
Due to the volume of applications we can't commit to completing applications within 5 working days.
If your application is approved, your grant payment will be paid into your bank account within 4 working days of the approval date.
If you have any questions about the National Business Restart Grant you can email Business Grants